Setting Up Your Twitter Page
Twitter is a much different atmosphere than Facebook, but it has proven to be one of the most effective portals for businesses to interact with their customers. Twitter is more of a hub where consumers gather to learn more about products and services, to share status updates, and to get a feel for what is going on in the world.
Twitter is a pivotal component to any effective social media marketing strategy because it will allow you to ‘Tweet’ about the latest promotions in your business, any relevant and useful content that you want to share, and even exciting news about your business that others will find interesting.
Key Concepts and Statistics
- Your Twitter handle can be used to promote your brand (and ideally should include your brand in it).
- You will need to create a compelling Twitter bio to attract followers. Studies show that people with a bio have 6 times as many followers as those that do not.9
- When creating your bio and tweets, use non-diminutive words like “expert” or “experienced” that will help you establish credibility as an authority in your niche. Showing your expertise is one of the best ways to promote a more professional image for your business.
- People who use these kinds of words for their job description average 100â€¨more followers than those people that use business jargon for job description.9
- You can also create a page that lists all of the Twitter handles for every employee atâ€¨your company so that followers can connect with others in your organization.
- Those who put links to their blog, company website, and other social networks onâ€¨their twitter have 6x more followers than those that don’t. 9
Conclusions on Setting up a Twitter Page
Setting up your Twitter is a very simple process, and if you take the necessary steps to give your Twitter page a professional bio and an effective handle you will generate many more leads and followers on Twitter.
Setting up your page is the first step in the process, but as with Facebook, it isn’t the last. Twitter poses a new dynamic for you to explore, and with just a few hours a week, you can effectively manage your Twitter profile so that you are continuously generating new followers and more interest in your brand and your business.
Twitter creates a more personable, comfortable relationship between yourself and your clients, which in turn can help you find new customers and strengthen the relationship that you have with your existing customers.